fr en
istoric
 

The village Bistra appears in documents in 1437, sub under the name "princely village" under the authority of the prince of Bezere. But Bistra is one of the oldest settlements on the Ariesul Valley, and its name was known since the time of the king Carol Robert of Anjou.

In the 15th century, Bistra belonged, from the administrative point of view, to the Alba-Iulia Capitol and was seen a principality: Kenesius Byzere. From 1650 until 1875 it belonged to the Alba Inferioar? Shire, the superior domain of Zlatna. After the administrative reforms in 1875, Bistra was integrated in the Turda-Aries Shire.

 
   
   

The territory of the village has been inhabited since ancient times. The natural conditions and ridges that encircle the depression favored the evolvement of Stone Age settlements. The discovery of gold jewels, dating from the late Stone Age, as well as evidence from the Bronze Age and Iron Age proved that the inhabitants of the land knew how to obtain the precious metal from the silt left by Aries River and its tributaries.

In the 3rd century BC., the local "dac" populations began exploiting the gold and silver deposits in the Apuseni Mountains. They dug galleries in the mountains and washed the silt of the rivers. After Dacia was conquered by the Romans, the conquerors established, together with the natives, mountain settlements.

The inhabitants of Bistra belong to the "moti" family, direct descendents of the "dac" populations and of the Roman settlers brought by the Emperor Traian to colonize the lands. One of the most importation legacies left by them is the road that linked the Roman cities of Apulum (Alba Iulia) to Alburnus Maior (Rosia Montana), that came down on the Aries Valley towards Potaisa (Turda) and thus passed through the present day territory of the village.

 
 
• The Roman road
• The monument and commemorative slab PETRU PAVEL ARON (1709-1764): bishop of Blaj, the founder of the first Romanian seminary and high school in Transylvania (1764).He also established a printing office and a number of village schools.
• The commemorative slab VASILE LADISLAU-FODOR (1814-1865): hero, general of Avram Iancu, he led the battle for the defense of the Remetea-Ponor crossing during the 1848-1849 Revolution.
• The bust and commemorative slab of the composer NICODIM GANEA (1878-1949): composer and conductor of the choirs of the "Carmen" Society in Bucharest and of the "Petru Maior" Academical Society from Budapest. He is also the author of many patriotic compositions.
 
  Traditional trades: "morarit", "zidarie", "tamplarie", "dulgherie", "dogarie", "ciobanit", "fierarit", "carausi" and so on.

Trades based on wood working have always existed, because of the abundence of forests in the area.

 
 

The name of the village comes from the Slavonic "Bistra", which means "clear water".

 
 

Ion Margineanu s.a. - "Documentar", Inspectoratul pt. Cultura al judetului Alba, 1993.

Ion Margineanu, Dorin Ovidiu Dan, Avram Cristea s.a. - "Breviar", Inspectoratul pt. Cultura al judetului Alba, 1993.

Colectiv - "Tara Abrudului", Primaria Abrud, 1991.

Teodor Sandor - "Muntii Apuseni, cetatea rezistentei romanesti", Ed. Imprimeria "Ardealul", Cluj - Napoca, 2003.

Sabin Cioica - "Turism cultural in Tara Motilor", Ed. Balgrad, Alba Iulia, 2002.

Institutul National de Cercetare - Dezvoltare in Turism (INCDT) - Model de dezvoltare turistica a zonei miniere Zlatna - Bucium - Rosia Montana - Baia de Aries - Bucuresti, decembrie 2004.

Powered by
Transilvania Interpress