ro fr
localizare
              The DN 74 crosses the village Bistra , and so, the village is in the path of tourists.


             Situted on a forested plateau, at a height of 1.600 m, between the Capatâna and Bolomireasa Peaks, it represent a              place where rare plant species can be found. The zone has been declared a reservation since 1969, any activities              that can harm the environment being prohibited.







 

The village offers the tourists the possibility to visit the historical and natural sites, as well as the places of culture, situated both in and around the village.
A must see are the water installations, au of which only three mills and a few saws still work today. Half a century ago, there were tens of installations: over 20 mills, numerous oil presses and saws.

Tourist sites:

The orthodox church with the festival “NASTEREA MAICII DOMNULUI” from Bistra: The biggest church in Apuseni Mountains area. It was built over another church that sunk. Untill 1947 it belonged to the greek-catholics, after that it was taken by the state and turned into an Orthodox Church. The church bell is cast out of a silver alloy and its sound can be heard from 20 km.

The monument and commemorative slab PETRU PAVEL ARON (1709-1764) - bishop of Blaj, the founder of the first Romanian seminary and high school in Transylvania (1764).He also established a printing office and a number of village schools.

The commemorative slab VASILE LADISLAU-FODOR (1814-1865) - hero, general of Avram Iancu, he led the battle for the defense of the Remetea-Ponor crossing during the 1848-1849 Revolution.

The bust and commemorative slab of the composer NICODIM GANEA (1878-1949) - composer and conductor of the choirs of the “Carmen” Society in Bucharest and of the “Petru Maior” Academical Society from Budapest. He is also the author of many patriotic compositions.

 
 
  • The rocks from DUBE
  • Ganea's Spring from Vârsi
  • Ursut's beechtrees from Bale?ti
  • The VALEA DEVII Ranger’s hut
  • The "SPIRULUI" well from MUNCELOASA
  • PETRISOR's mill and spring (1583)
  • Molhasurile Capatanii (Botanical reservation)
  • Vârful Bolomireasa (1.632 m)
  • The school museum collection, founded and curated by the teacher Cornelia Gata
  • The Dambureni General school, situated at a height of 1000 m.
 
 

The village of Bistra is an ideal place to relax. Hiking on the mountain slopes, in the forest, breathing the fresh and reviving air, what can be more beautiful?

Many trails and forest roads lead from Bistra to the Bolomireasa Peak (1.632 m), a very good observation point. Also reachable from Bistra is the Muntele Mare Peak (1.826 m), either crossing the Deva valley, and then over the Prislop Peak (1.729 m), either through the Valea Mare, passing through Tomnatecu.

Following the Bistra Valley, on a forest road, one can reach the botanical reservation “Molhasurile Capatânii”. The trail passes through the place named “Steaua” – the merging point of the Aries Basin and the Somesului Rece Basin.

 
 

The mountain road, made of earth, offer great conditions for off road ralies.

 
 

Tourist sites that can be visited in the surroundings:

  • Calcarele at Ampoita, the Mates geological reservation, Alba County: 47 km, (Through Abrud, Zlatna, towards Alba-Iulia);
  • The Scarisoara cave complex, Gârda de Sus village, Alba county: the biggest glacier in Europe: 73 km, through Abrud, Campeni, towards Oradea. From the Gârda de Sus village is an 18 hike to the Ghe?ari hamlet;
  • The snail hill, fossil reservation, Vidra village, Alba County: 44 km, through Abrud, Câmpeni, over the Mihoiesti dam, on the road that follows the Ariesul Mic River;
  • Detunata Goala and Detunata Flocoasa, geological reservation, village Bucium, jud. Alba: aprox. 20 km, prin Abrud spre Alba Iulia;
  • The Emperor’s pine, a protected tree, Baia de Aries town, Alba County: 48 km, through Campeni, on the DN 75 towards Turda ;
  • The Alba – Iulia fortress (1715 – 1738): the best preserved Vauban-type fortification in Europe, 71 km;
  • The roman-catholic cathedral on Alba-Iulia: inside is the grave of Iancu de Huneodoara;
  • The orthodox cathedral in Alba-Iulia (1921 – 1922): here the first kings of Great Romania were crowned (November 1922) King Ferdinand and Queen Maria;
  • The Bathyaneum library (1792), in Alba Iulia:
  • The National Museum of the Union(1887);
  • The Union Hall(1898), Alba Iulia: here were the documents that ratified the union between Transylvania and the Kingdom of Romania
  • The Horea memorial house, leader of the 1784 upraise, Horea village, satul Fericet: aprox. 50 km, through Campeni, in the centre of the town of Albac there is a junction
  • The house where Avram Iancu was born museum in 1924. It became a museum in 1924. The house is situated in the Avram Iancu village, Alba County: 46 km, through Campeni, over the Mihoiesti dam, on the Ariesul Mic valley;
  • The Apuseni Mountains ethnographical museum, Lupsa village, Alba County: over 10000 pieces are on display. They have all been gathered in an entire life by the former teacher Pamfil Albu, who found them in the immediate vicinity of two 15th century churches. How to get there: aprox 40 km, through Câmpeni on the D.N.75 towards Turda;
  • The gold Museum in Brad, Hunedoara County: 34 km;
  • The grave and the monument of Avram Iancu, in Tebea.
  • The medieval fortress in Deva, Hunedoara County: built in the 13th century on the top of an extinct volcano, it has been for centuries one of the most important fortresses on the Mures valley. It was destroyed in 1849 by an explosion in the gun-powder room.
  • The Deva history museum, also known as the Dac and Roman civilization museum, it is situated in Deva, Hunedoara County. The museum is home to several pieces of great importance that date from the roman period. 72 km distance, through Brad, on the E 79 road
  • The rocks from DUBE - 46 chalk fromations placed in a circle, situated ar an altitude of 1.800 m. In the summer, Shepards strike the stones to ward of wild animals, the eco (the sound of „dube”) beeing heard from several kilometers.
  • Ganea’s Spring from Vârsi – water comes out of the earth through a 20 cm nozzle, in the small village of Vârsi, and formes the Valea Petresii creek, that has a course of 3 km untill it merges with the river Aries.
  • Ursut’s beechtrees from Balesti – 2 century old beech trees, situated at an altitude of 700m, (at about 7 km from the centre of the village, in the small village of Balesti). Situated at a distance of 3 m one of each other, they are a radius of 1,8 m, and their crowns cover an area of 400 mp.
  • The VALEA DEVII Ranger’s hut- hut and stable dating from the Austro-Hungarian period made of wood, having architecture specific to the period. The hut is on the Valea Devii, a tributary of the Valea Mare River, situated at a distance of 10 km from the centre of the village Bistra.
  • The „SPIRULUI” well from MUNCELOASA – situated at a distance of 15 km from the centre of the village and at an altitude of 1.700 m, from which the Valea Devii creek springs. If water from this spring is mixed with alcohol, the resulting liquid doesn’t turn white.
  • PETRISOR‘s mill and spring (1583) – the mill was built in 1583 out of oak wood, to grind cereals. It’s driven by water. Next to it is a spring with water that contains chalk.
  • Molhasurile Capatânii- Botanical reservation, situated in the small village of Cheleteni, la at a distance of about 20 km from the village centre. It contains several lakes and marshes on a surface of 5 ha, which are home fro several species of plants.
 
 

Can be practiced in the nearby locations, where there is an abundance of cave phenomenon:

  • The “Huda lui Papara” cave(2 hours walk from the centre of the Salciua village, 36 km from Bistra) – it evolves in chalk, for over 2.000 m, following the underground courses of the Valea Morilor river, with lakes and cascades, spacious rooms and tight corridors.
  • The “Pestera Zmeilor” Cave (village Salciua, 36 km) – situated at a height of 1.100 m, it has a length of 125 m plus 25 – 30 m secondary galleries. The cave is important because of the signs that it has been inhabited in ancient times.
  • The “Vânatarile Ponorului” Cave (village Ponor, 4 km from Salciua, 40 km from Bistra, on the DN 75 and DJ 750 C roads) – is a 80 m deep hole, situated in an extremely picturesque scenery.
  • “Cheile Geogelului” (idem) – are situated in the central – western part of the Trascau Mountains, on the inner course of the Geogel River, at a height of 700 – 1.000 m.
 
 

Tourists can practice, together with the locals, traditional wood working crafts, even making holyday houses and lodges.

They can practice: beekeeping, animal breading, wool processing, and milling in the micro farms.

Traditional dishes can be served both at tourists as well as at pensions: sarmalele in cabbage leaves, placinte ardelenesti, „balmos” mamaliga, varzar , palinca ardeleneasca (two times distilled tzuica).

Sport fishing can be practiced in the streams and rivers that are near the houses.

 
 

Only one rural hotel is registered in Bistra: “Marioara”, unclassified, with six places. The nearby villages and towns can offer better accommodations:

  • “Casa apuseana” – Lupsa (6 km), 3 *, 28 places
  • “President” – Baia de Aries (sat Brazasti, 27 km), 3 *, 14 places
  • “Shanti” – Baia de Aries (sat Brazasti, 27 km), 2 * 12 places
  • “Hanul Motilor” – Campeni (6 km), 2 *, 24 places.
 

Powered by
Transilvania Interpres